Friday, April 17, 2009

DJStoreRoom in the spotlight!

WOW! This seller has a lot of neato things in her shop, just BEGGING you to buy them!

For starters, she has wristlets! Such a neat idea, and really cute fabrics.

Here is one:



I love all things glittery, and these pink, glittery pegs are crying to me. I can think of 1001 uses for them!



She is also an accomplished painter!



In her own words, here is a little bit about her:

1. Whacha make?
I handmade bags, purses, paint with acrylics, play with serviette art and write out my own sewing tutorials for busy beginner sewers.

2. How long have you been crafting?
Technically, I started cross-stitching when I was 8. Learnt to use the sewing machine when I was 13. Sewed my first piece of clothing for a real human being when I was 24. Been crafting with paper, scissors and paint since i was 3... Now that sounds like a very long time... Crafting is really a very old art and even my daughter is now crafting!! She loves the art and craft sessions, at home and in school too.

3. Favorite color to craft?
PINK!! Anytime.. Light pink, baby pink, bright pink dark pink.. Any pink!! Anytime!!

4. What inspires and motivates you?
Value Creating. Everytime I do something, I ask myself, "Is any value being created?" It can be monetary, social, networking, family, self or anything else.

If I can see the value, I will do it. If I cannot see the value of doing something, I try not to touch it. Like say, something mudane like washing the dishes. I would be creating and adding on to the value of a nice, clean and neat home for me, my family and everyone who visit. So, I will see that as a priority. For my crafting projects, if that particular project will turn out to be pretty and yet still practical, I would do it too. If the project creates beauty and functional value at the same time, then yeah, I would be totally inspired and motivated to finish it up.

5. Anything else you want to add?
Setting your priorities and goals in life is really important. I seek to set and achieve my daily goals. A tiny step a day brings you closer to your dreams each day. Remind yourself of your goals everyday and remain on track even if there are many distractions along the way. To be able to live is a blessing in itself already. Let us live each day fulfillingly and always be true. To yourself, to your loved ones, to others. It is the one and only way to live.

You can find djStoreRoom by clicking on the following links:
http://artfire.com/users/djstoreroom
http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/djstoreroom
http://djstoreroom.etsy.com

0 Unique comments: